Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're all doing well!
It's been so long since I've posted anything!
I would like to share with you "one" of the things that have been going on.

When mom got the house, we are living in now, there was a "hot tub" room. We used it for like 2 years and then it sat, unused. This hot tub was from the 70's and there was a crack in it, plus the electricity, etc.

So, it has been roughly 12 years, this room has sat unused. Mom got the brilliant idea to change it into her laundry room. This is just off where we watch t.v, so everything is on the main floor.

I forgot to take a "before" picture. But, I do have some of the stages we have been going through. The hot tub was cut up and taken out. We had to keep the "step", because the foundation would have caved in. So, everything was stabilized underneath, before new tiles were put on top. The tiles we got, matched pretty good.
This is a picture going into the room. You can see the step to the right.
Where the washing machine and dryer will be going.
The ceiling was cedar as well, and it was peaked inside. It was covered and insulation was put in.
I said to mom, since this going to be "her" room, make it her's! Make it fun and pick a colour she would love. A picture of the room with the "primer".
Room now, with finished colour, ceiling finished with new lights and new washing machine and dryer in. Notice the bar on the wall? To help mom step up and down.
Next things to do. New white windows and doors. And, "setting" up the room!
I think it looks funky! I love it! 😀

I have a sneak peak to show you! It's for Magaly's Beautiful Freaks Fest! June 23rd-25th!
Big Hugs and I will be around soon!

30 comments:

  1. The room is bright like a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and what a cheerful room it is!!! Happy colors!!!
    Love your art dear friend!!! You are amazing 💝

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice job! And how handy it's going to be to have the laundry room on the main floor! You should be proud of those renos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those colors are perfect for what your mom's room is going to be used for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your art, dear friend! And this room is the bomb! Beautiful choice of colours, and I like the bar, too! I love the idea and how it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation to make the new laundry room, it's looking great. And wonderful with the bar to help your Mom pull herself up and down. LOVE the new sneak-peek, hope to see more soon! BIG hugs, take care of yourself Sweetie, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky mom to have such a caring daughter...I would have fought her for that space to art in lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a great transformation and good idea to make it into the new laundry room. A very good idea for your Mom to choose her colours too - I love the look.

    Love your art too.
    Have a good week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea your mom had! I dream of having our washer and dryer on the living level rather than the basement. Fun color choice too. Yellow = happy. The room will be so bright once all the trim is painted white. It looks like you have plenty of room to hang things to dry too if you want to save electricity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!!! Congratulations on moms new room - it looks wonderful!!! Love the color too!!! What a great idea!! Love you painting too. You are so creative dear Stacy!!! Lots of hugs to you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whhat a wonderful laundry room. Good idea to pick a cheery color for a drudge of a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sunny transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea for an unused area. The color is going to light up in the daytime. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I first left home and moved across the country, the first place I lived was a little, funky house on a quiet lake. It had a hot tub on the porch overlooking the water. I used it for like a year or so and then, like you described, it was falling apart, the lid split in two, the electric bill to keep it heated was ridiculous and the thing was just getting old. I think you and your mom made wonderful choices there and the room is so much more cheery and functional! Broken things just have a bad energy, you know? I think it's often catching. . . like old cars that sit in people's yards, suddenly everything around them starts to fall apart and look broken. Maybe in those cases that's just the type of person who would leave a broken down car sitting in their front yard. . . but I can't help think that the feng shui of the house will be better for the changes! :) Well done!!!! Big crow HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a wonderful transformation. I love having a large laundry room. Love your sneak peak too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the laundry room and the new painting. Both look like all sorts of fun....if you can call laundry fun.
    Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a totally different place now. It's amazing how much difference paint and new flooring can make, eh? I think a hot tub room sounds amazing...but not one from the 70's. Definitely modern. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. how fun! and so convenient to have it right off the living room. I bet you guys will get a lot of use out of the room now. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks so wonderfully bright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg, what a gorgeous room! Totally something I would do with a room like that :-) And I like your sneak peek :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! It will be so nice to get to use the room now. Looks like it is coming together nicely. Awesome to see the different stages. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  22. this looks great - love the cheerful colors - and so handy to have it near where you watch TV. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like sunshine dancing madly on the walls. LOVE it! And I adore the glimpse, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You love it, and I llllllllove it, too! Did you say 12 years?

    ReplyDelete
  25. How wonderful that you are taking a room that didn't work for you and making it beautiful! I love the painting, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A brilliant idea to turn an unused area into something funky and practical, love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The walls now look almost too good for a laundry room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!