Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Saturday, July 30, 2016

I'm Back!
I went to the Rockhound Gemboree in Bancroft! Bancroft is the mineral capital of Canada!
So much too see! So much fun!
The weather was perfect! No humidity! No rain! A nice temperature, with a slight breeze!
I was looking for different types of agates for my collection, (blue lace, crazy lace, dendrite, botswana, fire, snakeskin, turritella). I found a few, but not all. It's a hit and miss. You never know what you will find! But, of course, I bought many other stones that caught my eye! I will take pictures of those soon to share! Promise!

There are 3 major areas to see when you get there. The first is the large arena! I didn't take any pictures of that. Just image a very large building, with tones of stalls of people selling things! Next, there is an outside part.
You have to watch, when taking pictures, because some people don't want their stuff being photographed. But, I did get some pictures to show you what it's like.
They have everything there! Tumbled stones, rough stones, large/small pieces, statues, jewellery, everything you can think of! It's Canada's largest rock and mineral show! You can also go out to the Rose Quartz Quarry, go on a mineral tour (wilderness) and there is different presentations like wire wrapping.

Next you walk down a hill, to get to the curling club building. Another large building, with tones of stuff for you to buy and look at!
Going down the hill!
It doesn't look that bad, but this picture is already part way down and believe you me, it's a hill! LOL! Coming back up, I was sweating buckets! LOL! I got a good work out and it was worth the walk!
Me, rockhounding. Warning no make up on! I was starting to climb the hill!
When you start to drive out of Bancroft, or in, there is a place called Princess Sodalite Mine. Another great mineral shop and beautiful place to walk around. Also, just for your information, the first swamp on the right hand side, when driving out of Bancroft, is where they found the largest black star sapphire, ever! So cool!

I know I am behind with everyone! Please give me some time to get around to you! I might not be able to comment on all your posts, but I will be reading!

Big Hugs!


26 comments:

  1. Lovely post, photos and blog. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, photos and blog. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the huge crystal. Their size (and the presentation) makes them look extra fantastic. I wonder why some people don't like their stones photograph. How peculiar...

    I can't stop grinning when I look at the glorious smile on your face! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see you out enjoying yourself...how cool to be surrounded by so much crystal.. the energy must be fabulous :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wild. I've never heard of someone going out of their way to look for stones before. I mean, I suppose geologists would, of course. I need an interesting pastime like that. Something that, when I tell people, they go "Whaa-aa?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun! I would love to have toured this with you looking at all those amazing rocks and stones. we have a mineral show here each year in the Fall that I typically go to as well. I haven't been in a few years, but now you're making me want to put it on the calendar so I don't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love this!!! It looks like there is a huge selection to choose from. A visit to the rose quartz quarry would be on my to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have had a great time, Stacy...just look at all of those gorgeous rocks and that great big smile on your lovely face...even without make-up!!!

    Big Hugs and Lots of Love
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu just made me very jellie. I love rocks and the gathering of lots of folks who love stones. Lucky Ducky you sweet girl.
    xoxo Oma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rocks and crystals and have way too many! Loved the fact you got to go there, I am jealous!
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have I ever told you how I used to pick agates off gravel roads in my hometown when I was a kid to make extra money? Our part of Manitoba was known for its agates and whenever our gravel roads were freshly graveled from the local gravel pit, there would be agates galore on the road. The local rockhound store would pay $1 per pound for agates. Good money in those days! I should write a blog post about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW!!! Thank you so much for taking me on this amazing trip with you...well, it feels like I'm actually there!
    Gosh, Stacy...you are absolutely stunning, even without makeup...:))

    Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first time here, and I must say: YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!! And I adore your artwork.

    I can't wait to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like an amazing show! I know I would want to leave with way too much stuff. I'm glad you found some of what you were looking for. You have the sweetest smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds so cool. One of these days I'm going to visit Canada !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, we must be on the same wave length:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm behind with everyone too - i really enjoyed the post and photos and reading about the area. i'm still on vacation but will be home in a few days to catch up more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would realy realy love to visit Canada sometime...you´re a lucky one! And you look so happy, that´s great! And these beautiful stones... <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh, I don't think I could go to that! I already spend too much at the local crystal shop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind...had a change of heart~
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  21. They have a gem show in Winston Salem every year that I like to go to.
    Have a great one, Stacy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. glad you had great fun photos are very nice and you look charming dear

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Stacy! Thanks for taking us along on your trip! Glad to see you out having some fun! I bet it was hard to choose which special stones to buy being surrounded with so many beautiful ones! Can't wait to see what you brought home! Thanks for coming over and walking through the blog "garden" with me too, I love it when friends visit! Have a super weekend! ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so so soooo happy here <3 and that place sounds amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, FUN,FUN,FUN!!!!!And it was outdoors in such a beautiful location. You look absolutely radiant!!! Rock hounding suits you well, my dear! That's so cool about the black sapphire from the swamp nearby,wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!