Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're well!
I've been working on the "coin" designs. Well the first one! They want me to submit 3 different ones! They said just to do quick sketches for them to get the idea, but I will be honest, I don't sketch. I might draw something, to get an idea, but my talent is not in sketching and drawing! LOL! For some reason, when I paint, then everything comes together!
So here is part of the first painting. I feel the body is complete.
I keep imagining it as a coin, with all the details. What do you think so far? I won't be able to show you anymore, until they say yes or no.
Question for you, if you had to put something in a crow's mouth, what would it be? As we all know, when a crow likes you, they will bring you gifts.

Update on the postal service. They have filed their 72 hour notice for this friday. They said it doesn't mean a strike, but they want to get together and talk. But, I bet they are talking about a strike! LOL! So, please, still no mailing in Canada.

Thanks for all the answers to do with my question about taking pictures!! Much appreciated!!!

Big Hugs! 

17 comments:

  1. How about a heart or a maple leaf in the crow's beak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crows like to nest in evergreens if available, maybe something like a small twig with berries. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! I imagine a crow would give me a mysterious old key

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking a Quill/pen of some kind :) As to sketching, have you tried making a line drawing of your work after you have panted it? I'm assuming that an etcher would need a line drawing to see how it would look on a coin XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. They like shiny things. How about a silver heart locket?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great strong design for a coin! Good question about what to put in the crow's mouth. Since it is for a coin, maybe putting a coin in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy!!! Guess what? I have a new blog!!!

    I really believe you are heading in the right direction with this painting. I agree with Laura...an old skeleton key would be great! I don't know if you remember my painting of the crow that found the giant's key in the woods...but it was a skeleton key like Laura suggested.
    I will look for it on my CD and if I find it I will add to today's post...give me a few minutes :)

    Great Big Hugs & Love
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy, I just had another idea that you may want to consider...how about your crow being in silhouette in front of a coin instead of the full moon? The details would be on the "moon coin"...just saying :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Stacy, you know me and my rocks. I would put a gemstone of some kind in the crows mouth. Is there a special gemstone for Canada? Looks wonderful. I like how you have the body curved slightly to go with the contour of a coin. Going over to answer your email. See ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would place a poppy and a bluebell with their stems entwined in the Crow's mouth...my two favourite flowers!*smiles*

    Lots of Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how exciting! and your crow looks great. The idea of a full moon in the crows mouth is interesting. There is a NW Indian story about a raven catching the sun .... perhaps this is a crow catching the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful painting Stacy! I don't know about the crow's mouth. . . I always love the way they carry peanuts, acorns, etc and drop them onto the road for cars to run over for them but that's me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine brought me feathers but I think because it is for a coin it should be something to represent the country! This project is so exciting and I hope you will make it onto the coins!! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's wonderful! I'm not sure what it should be carrying, maybe something related to Canada? I'm so glad you are doing this, your crows are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh the idea of a gemstone (they love sparkly things I've heard) would be cool. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!