Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Mini Abstracts
Hi Everyone! The sun is out, so I took some photos!
All of these paintings are done on 4" x 4" canvases. I had so much fun creating them! I can't even begin to tell you how many layers are on each piece. And, then I would take some layers off and began again. When you run your finger across them, you can actually feel the layers. Every piece took me hours/days to complete, but I enjoyed every minute! I finished them with a gloss finish, to make sure the detail and the colours pop.  I hope you enjoy them!

Number 1 - I saw a forest, lake, sun, and then a little creature appeared to me on the bottom right hand corner. I saw his white ears, black nose and brown body. I decided to name this painting, "Joy".
Number 2 - This one has so many layers on it! When I looked at it, I saw the sky and a field of flowers. I named it, "Blossom".
Number 3 - As soon as I finished it, I knew what to call it, "Windows".
Number 4 - This one was a forest again to me. I called it, "Nature".
Number 5 - This was my magical one! I saw a house, tree, flowers, fence, river, dog, people. I had a few names for this one, Home, Magic Land, Wonderland. But, then for some reason "french" came to me, and everywhere in this painting, I was seeing red, so I called it, "Rouge".
I have to tell you, I have been working on a larger abstract painting. Every inch is telling a story to me. I can't wait to finish it and show you all.
I always tell you, to create from your heart and soul. You will never go wrong, if you are true to yourself! I feel my art is changing. I am changing. I'm not abandoning my crows, but I feel if I want to paint something other than my crows, I am going to do it. I'm going with the flow! Who knows what will happen? My crows are telling me to explore! I promise, all my art, will always have the magic and love from my soul.

Just to let you know, this week, I am going to try to do my mom's and my brother's taxes, so if I am late coming around to visit, you know why.

Big Hugs

18 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC ABSTRACT PAINTINGS!!!

    LOve them my talented artist friend...I totally loVE them all!!!

    Big Artistic Hugs & Love
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this great sense of movement going on with the artwork here. Each piece is quite dynamic. Blossom might be the "calmest" of the quintet but they all are quite alive and kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are fantastic! you brave girl doing all those taxes - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've got to do my Mom's taxes and mine. Bleeeccchhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! WOW!!! These abstracts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good, good luck with the "new" style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so colorful and full of energy Stacy. Windows is my favorite! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first photo is not showing up for me. The other art is bold and I can feel it coming from your soul. I love seeing this change in your art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your abstracts are beautiful Stacy! Wishing you lots of luck with the taxes. I finished mine last week. It always feels like such a relief when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE these! You know, I think the wonderful thing about abstracts is that the really do reach out to the viewer. Especially in person. I can recall being 19 and going to NYC and, at the top of my list of things to-do was seeing Jackson Pollock's paintings. I was truly not prepared. . . I mean, I had seen them in art books and knew them well that way, but to stand in front of one of his large drip paintings, to realize it was NOT just a random application of paint but a process and that the painting had such depth, texture and imagery within it. It changed the way I saw abstract painting forever. I adore the textural quality of the small canvases you did and I cannot wait to see the larger piece you are creating! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I salute your change, your ability to move on and create in a new way. Sooo much light, history and you there are in your work!! I love it!!! And you know, your crows will always be there. I started creating what I want years ago - and will never change it!!! Freedom, if you ask me :-) Stay safe dear Stacy. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stacy, these are freaking magnificent! And I love the idea of feeling the layers. So many images come to mind when I look at them. And all the images feel deliciously wondrous! ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!! All of the above wonderful comments and more!! Goodness!! These abstracts are absolutely sensational. Definitely keep up the good work and follow your heart!! It is leading you on a beautiful journey for sure!! Bravo!!! XO Hugs. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are wonderful! They are so deep and layered. I especially like "Blossom." I'm glad that you are following your heart. I think it makes for the best art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stacy your abstracts are FANTASTIC!!!!I love all the images and feelings that emerge while gazing at them. Blossom is my favorite because I see a fairy with leaves for wings. She has a black bob too! It's like she predicted the future for you!!! I wonder if when we paint, our paintings can foretell things for us???? If so, you have pure beauty ahead of you my dear!!!!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it amazing how many different things you can see in abstract paintings? They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!