Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're well!
I've been busy painting, but for the past week, the weather has not been cooperating! The sky has been gloomy and we have been getting either rain, hail, or snow showers. So, I haven't been able to take pictures or spray the varnish.
I thought I would give you some peaks at what I have been doing!

This painting is finished. It is a large piece. I am only showing you the bottom part. I have to keep some surprises for you. LOL! But, I will tell you, I've called it, "Birth". It is an abstract painting.
The next paintings I have not finished.
When I was creating this one, a lady appeared in the tree. Maybe she is a tree spirit? I don't know yet.
A finished background. More to be done!
The last piece was inspired by Rommy's poem! I hope you like it Rommy! There is still much to do on it and I will be giving it away! So this is the last time I am showing it!
Thank you for all your touching comments on my last post!!! Means everything to me!
A question, when you purchase art that has been done on a canvas, do you expect a hanger on the back, especially a larger canvas? I use to do it all the time, but I don't anymore. All my canvases are gallery wrapped, meaning no staples are shown, even on the back. And, they all have a lip, so they can hang nicely on the wall, with one or two nails.
The reason I stopped putting hangers on the canvases, was because everyone now, does there there own thing. A painting could be sitting on an easel, or leaned, or hanging. You get the idea. If you have an opinion, I would like to know.
Big Hugs!

20 comments:

  1. I'm loving the direction you are going with your paintings now. Nice movement and color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no opinion on what I expect on the back of a canvas, but I am digging these textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOhhhh your abstracts are really exciting. So much going on with a story to them. Our weather is the same here. Wishing you a great weekend. Say hi to you mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't add hangers for the same reason...some people aren't allowed to bang nails in the walls and lean pieces on a shelf :D Loving the intense energy in all of these pieces :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous depth to these pieces - loving it

    ReplyDelete
  6. If someone wants a hanger on the back of the painting, they can put it on themselves. So I'd just continue leaving them off your canvases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Stacy! I love the lady showing herself in the tree. She is fabulous! I think no hanger is the way to go too. It is easy enough to just use 1 or 2 nails to hang a canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the work you do now. It develops so lovely Stacy. On larger canvases I like that there are hangers - on smaller ones it does not matter. Big hugs and wish you a lovely easter holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to meet the lady that is taking shape in the second painting. And of course, I want to see the whole "Birth". Ah, Rommy inspires yumminess!

    I'm with Debra about the hanging thing. Leaving them off might be best. Like you say, everyone likes doing their own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I add my own hangers if they're needed.
    I do love your new artwork ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work and VERY inspiring to get a glimpse at in-progress pieces too! And no, I never expect a hanger to be included on a canvas but then, I am pretty familiar with doing that often for myself so I am not perhaps one to ask. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. All these paintings are beautiful Stacy. I can't wait to see them finished. And I'm so curious what you put on the top of the first finished one called "Birth".That one really speaks to me because of the Native American man/spirit on the left side. Here I go seeing wonderful muses in your paintings agian,lol. I'm all for leaving the hangers off and letting people do what they want for displaying a painting. Don't leave us in suspense too long for the top painting...weather permitting of course. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh definitely a Tree Spirit!!
    No, I don't really think you need a hanger. As you say, if your paintings have a lip on the back, that is really versatile...and you can display them any way you like.

    Oh how beautiful these are, Sweetie...no, please don't leave us in suspense too long.
    I can't wait to see them finished either!

    Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited to be getting a genuine Magic Love Crow artwork! <3 Thank you so much!

    Love,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited to be getting a genuine Magic Love Crow artwork! <3 Thank you so much!

    Love,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Stacy you have been busy!! The tree spirit is fantastic - it just appeared there? Then it belongs there.
    I never put hangers on my canvas (I haven't painted in ages though) precisely for the reasons you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If it has a lip, doesn't seem like a hanger would be necessary. I like these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am enjoying your abstracts! I usually wire the gallery wrapped canvases so that they may be hung immediately if desired, but when it comes to art I've bought, some do and some don't. It's fine either way I think...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh. Em. Gee. I adore it! I love this feeling of breaking free that I'm getting from it. Really, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd go without extra hangers... Even with those frames that have hangers attatched I still use the corners of the frames themselves to hang it onto the nails (if they don't just lean against a wall that is...) That's the uplooking crow from the other crow, yes? exciting to see a peinting grow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!