Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Monday, January 25, 2016

(long post, grab a drink!)
I'm proud of me! Last night, something was said to me (from someone close) and it was the way it was said, that wasn't nice. I took a deep breath, digested the words and just walked away. I actually went outside. I looked up into the night sky and kept repeating to myself, Stacy, I love you. I said that around 6 times and ended with, I choose to be happy.

Before, I would have came back with some not nice words and probably an argument would have started. Making me feel guilty, in which I would have probably went out to buy something, to make up, when I really did nothing wrong. Or, I would have kept everything inside of me, felt sorry for myself, cried and went and had a chocolate bar. Or, I would have worried about things and started to bite my nails!

When this happened last night, I thought, nope, things are changing! I love myself! Nothing is going to change in my life, if the same old patterns happen. When I came in from outside, I was happy! I had let go and I didn't feel guilty.

When the morning came around, the same thing was mentioned to me. This person tends to repeat things, until they feel they have got their point across. When the words came out this time, it was said, in a different way, nicer. I felt, I could say what I felt, so I did, in a good way. They still had to make their point at the end, making them feel, they were right, but I was happy inside. It was a lighter conversation. That would have never happened before. Now, you might think they still did control the conversation and the outcome, but they really didn't. I was smiling inside! I was happy.

As I said before, I truly accept the ones that are closest to me, for who they are. I am truly healed with them. I guess last night really showed that. I know this journey has just started with me and I know there will be days, that I will be pissed off, (maybe not?), but as long as I never forget to love myself, that's all that matters! The one thing, I am still very calm. Never before in my life, have I felt this way!

I did create some new aceo's! (2.5" x 3.5") I haven't painted any aceo's in over a year! It was kind of weird, because I wanted to put so many layers on the backgrounds, like how I have been doing with my larger paintings. I couldn't of course, but I think I got a good look out of them. Enjoy.

"Dance"

"Nesting"(I know you don't see a lot of the crow in this one, but I like how it looks like the crow is actually building the nest. That is what I was concentrating on.)
"Purple Sunset"

Thanks again, for all of you being on this journey with me!
Big Hugs!

21 comments:

  1. Dearest Stacy...you are a rock, no a mountain and are a very strong and lovely person. I love how you handled this situation...great job!!!
    Let them think what they like...you were the one who came out on top.
    Yea...you painted aceos again!!! Happy dance going on here :))
    Beautiful art, but one always touches me more than the others and this time it is "Dance"!!!
    I posted a whole bunch of my favorite aceos on my blogg but not in postings. They are just there to look at for anyone that wishes to and to keep me thinking about trying to paint again~

    Lots of Hugs and Much Love
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stacy, You are so very wise. Yes, take a deep breath and walk away. Some people are not worth your words and by saying something is just a waste of your time. Keep your words for only good things.
    I love your new work. Especially Dance. It's my favorite. You are loved. I will write soon. My ghost is hiding out in my scanner....Have to flush him out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you have a handle on things ,, good for you, very impressive,, good for you!! very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you. You go girl! It's not always easy loving ourselves at times but the more you practice, the easier it gets...and the easier it is to forgive and let go. And maybe...just maybe....learning to create boundary lines for those who continually hurt us, intentionally or not. You hang in there. You're going to rock 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Dance" is absolutely wonderful!

    I spend a lot of my time trying to let stuff that my family says just roll off my back. I do it with varying degrees of success. I wish you the strength and patience to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paintings are beautiful! Good luck not letting that person get to you! I still struggle with feelings of self worth, even if know someone is just being mean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you not letting what was said get to you! Remember you cannot change anyone but you can change the way you let them affect you.

    Btw-you didn't miss anything my sweet friend....UFO stands for unfinished object! You know, those things we started months (?years) ago and never finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, Stacy! Your inner strength is shining through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it takes a lot of strength to calmly deliberate on what someone says and not let it hurt us. I am glad you are so strong and sweet at the same time! Lovely ACEO artworks, I especially love the one with the purple sky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had your willpower, when my mom says ridiculous crap to me I usually throw it right back at her. It's getting less frequent the older I get and the less I'm around her. I'm glad you were able to overcome this situation and remain positive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you told yourself "I love you" over and over and then said " I choose to be happy." I'm going to try this the next time I'm in a similar situation. Its so true that even though we can't change another person, we can always change how we see them and how we react to them. And what matters most is how we see ourselves. Thank you for this reminder. You are my inspiration!Yay aceos!!! I love them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post brought tears to my eyes, Stacy. Thank you so much for the reminder that we must love ourselves in order to find peace in our lives. Much love to you, my friend.

    Love the new paintings. "Dance" is my favorite. I am going to have to buy another of your paintings soon,they bring such inspiration to me. Your "If Not Now? When?" painting sits on by writing desk. I look at it every time I sit down to write.

    Much love to you. XOXO, Viv.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Well Done, Stacy!!
    I am so proud of you!!!
    It is taking me such a long time to make these same kind of changes...so you are a true inspiration to me.:))
    Thank you so, so much for sharing this...

    And I simply adore your new artwork...as always, your unique and stunning talents are amazing!

    Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. How people behave is a reflection of them, .......I keep this mantra going, especially around my grown kids...
    Good for you to hold YOUR PEACE! and retreat to your beautiful creative world!
    xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep up the good work. You're learning the Lesson much earlier in life than I have. It's hard work not being self defeating but one day at a time dear one and you'll have it conquered. I'm a work in process but it's better than an olde broad in tears. xoxo Oma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your new artwork, you always have something so interesting going on in all your pieces! Sounds like you are really finding that inner peace, that we all need to tap into. Keep working at it and don't feel if you lose it now and then, we all do! Hugs ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo Stacy!
    You should be so proud of yourself!

    Love the artwork!

    Happy and wonderful New Year to you!

    Hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. We can never change other people, but when we accept them as they are and interact with them under our own terms (like you just did), we change so many other things for the best. In a way, we tell them, "I hear you, even if I don't agree with you. And no, you can't take my smile from me. But I hear you, and then I choose to do what's best for me with what you say. Or get rid of it and move on."

    There is a world of freedom in loving ourselves and not allowing anyone to take that love away from us.

    And I absolutely LOVE "Dance". There is freedom in her wings. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so proud of you Stacy! I'm glad you stuck up for yourself too. It is important to let people know in a nice way they are being unkind. Some people are ignorant not realizing how they are saying something. Our internal voice is our most important one. :) Your new aceos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are such a precious person and this learning you are going through will make you stronger and stronger. You should be very proud or yourself for handling the situation. You have to understand that people close to you are also seeing the change in you. Most "friends" don't like that so they will sabotage. It is "them" NOT you that holds the negative. Hugs N

    ReplyDelete
  21. First I'd like to say I love your ACEO's! Secondly, I am someone who doesn't enjoy disagreements. Like you I'd rather just let them think they are right, and in the long run it makes you feel better inside. If someone continues with negativity, I distance myself. You should love yourself, your are a great, kind and sweet person who I feel very lucky to have known. Remember that ...always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!