Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Calaca Crow In Love

Morning everyone ;o) I have the pleasure this year, to be a sponsor in Magaly's All Hallow's Grim, So Good, So Dark Blog Party ;o)
I have to admit, it took me a while to create something! When I first started, this is what the painting was looking like.
I wanted to show the love of a crow couple. How they mate for life, unless one dies or is captured. As I kept looking at the painting, I kept seeing a skull, but not any skull, a beautiful decorated skull.
Then I darkened the background with some black, to make the color pop more and to create some images ;o)
When I was finished, I asked Magaly to name it. I don't know why? This is the first time I have done that. And, I love the name she came up with! "Calaca Crow In Love". Calaca is a Mexican Spanish name for skeleton. When they use a skull or skeleton during The Mexican Day Of the Dead Festival, the Calacas are depicted as joyous, rather than mournful.
Now, if you would like to win this painting, please go over and say hi to my wicked and beautiful talented writing friend Magaly and see what she wrote about this painting ;o)
There are also many other giveaways and stories to read. So, while you are there, snoop around my friends, you won't be sorry ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

27 comments:

  1. The Calaca Crow is wonderful. What a delightful bit of whimsy and crowness all together. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magaly knows you so well, beautiful painting, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, I was just getting ready to turn off my laptop till later in the day.
    But saw your post pop up in my reader and had to visit you.
    So happy I did as your painting is so beautiful, made me smile.
    Love it!
    Love those early morning smiles as they keep me going throughout the day.

    Take care
    Hugs and smiles

    Margie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this earlier on Magaly's blog lol....already drooled all over it :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I saw your lovely painting this morning over at Magaly's blog. Thanks for telling us what "calaca" means -- Magaly chose the perfect title for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool!!! I love that skull - and still I saw a mask at first. Very creative Stacy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Calaca crow what a perfect name!!! You did a beautiful job bringing out the love for crow couple ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Stacy and I love the title too! I clicked over too late to participate this year (I'm a rather slow painter), but I love this theme. Your piece is so cute. I'm glad you saw my little post, I love your crows and you are just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your painting! Very unique and creative, and just a bit spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Gosh!!!

    This painting is SO awesome!!!

    Great details! Love the background! Extremely creative and awesomely designed!!!!

    Have a super day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great painting! On my way over to Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your painting Stacy!!!
    Magaly gave this the perfect name!!!
    one can feel the lifetime connection in this painting. Doves are the same too..they mate for life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am going to try to remember to go back and leave a comment on Magaly's blog. i am sick and my brain is not functioning well..could not be very descriptive!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you developed the painting - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looooove Calaca Crows!!!! You're always so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Calaca Crows, wow I can't believe that I just met you this is incredible, you're so full of art you better believe it, I'm going to visit your friend, atta girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love it! The artwork of the Day of the Dead always makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool Stacy ! I always love your portrayals of the crows in your art ...talented you are !! Now to visit your friend and see what she says about Calaca crows.
    Hugs
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you developed this painting! And Magaly chose a perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Turned out beautiful, love the name too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You KNOW how I feel about this painting, you KNOW I want to win it!!! Regifting be buggered with this babe :) LOVE YOUUUUU!
    ... and the painting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. fabulous to see the development of your art, blessings alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. great post! enjoyed seeing the creative process :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautifully unique..mysterious and enchanting as always...love the name..love the mask..fabulous! Gorgeous work my friend..glad to see you back and enjoy your creations!
    Vctoria

    ReplyDelete
  25. The perfect name for this gorgeous painting!!! I thought of "The Day of The Dead" Festival as soon as I saw the skull...great art, my friend~~~

    Big Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  26. these are really so incredibly cool...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!