Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Friday, May 4, 2012

13 Goddesses Week 9 - Aztec: Tlazolteotl

Hey Everyone ;o) Hope you are all well ;o) We have been having major rain storms!! Last night, was scary!! I think we are suppose to be getting more storms today! I have to admit, nature needed this moisture! Everything is so green now! No water in the basement, so that's a good thing! LOL!

Can you believe it's already week 9 in the 13 Goddesses Challenge! Wow, this is going fast!

"Tlazolteotl" (This Goddess has a lot going on!)

Tlazolteotl is the Aztec and Toltec Goddess of guilty pleasures, who both inspires and forgives carnal acts. She is a Love and Earth Goddess who is said to remove sins from her worshippers by absorbing them into herself. The punishment for adultery under harsh Aztec law was death, but if the offender confessed to Tlazolteoltl, her or she was absolved and the law would not touch them. However, a person was only allowed one confession per lifetime, so people would leave it as long as they could!

Tlazolteotl is also known as the Goddess of Witches. She is said to have four aspects of her depicted riding broomsticks and wearing pointed hats. These four aspects were considered four sisters, from the eldest, to the youngest. They were said to tempt people facing decisions towards evil and vice.

Tlazolteotl is shown nude (except for her jewelry) on a red broomstick, holding a snake.

Tlazolteotl is also considered one of the Nine Figures of the Creation of the World. Perhaps because of this, Tlazolteotl is sometimes called The Mother Of the Gods.

"Her Aspects"
- The Eater of Filth
- Mother of The Gods
- Patroness of Midwives and Healers
- Our Grandmother, who represents Nature's Healing Powers








Next week, Norse Goddess Hel! Big Hugs ;o)


23 comments:

  1. Lots of movement in this painting; I love her beak as well. You have captured her very nicely. "Eater of Filth", nice trait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Panicked then....I have Sumerian Goddess set up for monday(following the original list), thought I'd missed one when you said Nordic lol. This Goddess is your best so far!!! Love her :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great choice!!!
    And I love the painting! It's so perfect and full of power!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, Tlazolteotl is so beautiful. As Robin said this painting really does have movement! I love the green!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like she was an important god to the Aztecs and your painting certainly did her justice. She is depicted so well as a crow! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like her style, and I love your painting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! That's a good goddess to have on your side. :))I love how you depicted her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an awesome piece of this very interesting goddess!!! Very colorful and I really love it, Stacy!

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello You MagicLoveCrow! You have very interesting text and painting here.

    What did You think about these big eggs, which You saw in my blog? Are They Yours? We don't know, where have they come, whose they are, what's happening ... Those big eggs have already come to market place, to near see, and side rocks.. We are very confused.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again you excel! One can almost feel and see the wind flowing around her ... exceptionally well done Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You capture the essence of these goddesses in crow form so completely. Terrific painting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the knowledge that goes alongside your paintings Stacy....you are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent job Stacy....Love it.

    Things are going well. I have been working the last 2 weeks....I'm so glad that it's the weekend. I will write soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey you! Love your new goddess and what she stands for...I've never heard of her before so this is very cool to learn something new. :) Your gardens are probably loving all the rain but the storms...ummm...not so much. We have wicked lightening storms down here and they scare me to death!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...excellent job, as always, Stacy!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is one of the best yet! Great painting!

    Glad no water in your basement, guess you won't be seeing the super Moon!

    Get left eye done on Tuesday. Will be glad when all is done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Everyone ;o) I am happy you liked my new Goddess ;o) She was fun to create.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's a stunner & like her forgiving nature ;) Hey keep outta that rain, today the sun is shining, first time we have had such a beautiful day in ages... hey what am I doing indoors??? LOL! Tomorrow it's a public holiday so I'm packing a picnic & taking the family to the beach (or making the Big F take us)! Hugs & love your goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Tlazolteotl has powers! I love the depiction. It rained all last week for us. Altough it sucked I welcomed it and hopefully this week will bring the opposite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i find it fascinating that she is the eater of filth and yet also the mother of gods. mayhaps it can be no other way. she absorbs her worshipers sins; what a capacity for life this goddess has. thank you for the read. she looks so dynamic, with the red broomstick and snakes and jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad your basement is dry and you are all okay after those harsh rains.

    OMG! I love your goddess painting. She is beautiful. The colors, the movement, everything is perfect. Hugs to you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful!
    Hope you stay safe! I like rain, but not when storms come with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!