Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Friday, August 19, 2011

For Everyone With Etsy Shops and Russian Sage


Hi Everyone ;o) I know I e-mailed a lot of you yesterday, but then I thought, I would just make a post on here and then you can pass it on ;o) I received an e-mail from Etsy yesterday. They changed their format on how people search. Meaning you have to put the most important word in your title first! I just changed my entire store. You can go look at my titles. Like if you are selling an aceo, put aceo first, if it's a print, put print first, earrings, earrings first. Then put the description, I would put baby crow and after that, if you wanted to put the name of it ( like the name I would have for my aceo), put that in. The name would be the least important, so that would be last. Look at my store and if you have any questions, just ask ;o)

Now for my Russian Sage! Do you remember my Russian Sage? It's hard to take pictures of the flowers, when they are in bloom, because the flowers are so tiny! After the flowers get fluffy and actually drop, you can sweep them up for potpourri. I cut them at this stage and hang them in my fence to dry. When they are dry, they turn into a grey peachy tone. Have fun looking at the pictures ;o) I've taken pictures of all the different stages. Oh, there is a bee in one picture, I hope you can see him ;o) Oh, the last picture, should be before the last picture! LOL! It's the stage before the flowers are actually dry ;o)







30 comments:

  1. Saw the bee! Love how you dry the sage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, I love Russian Sage, and your photos are great!!!
    I don't list on Etsy right now, but it's good to know what the first word should be...thank you!
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for all of the info about Etsy. Love your photos of the Russian Sage. Have yourself a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I can see the bee! Lovely delicate flowers--they look so pretty drying in the fence!
    Wish computers had smellavision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Robin, yeh! I love that little bee, doing his job ;o) I love drying the sage outside ;o) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are welcome Jan ;o) Isn't Russian Sage great ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great weekend too Roxanne ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't smellavision be cool Debbie ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacy, I always pass a Russian Sage bush on my summer walks.
    It's beautiful and your photos are great!
    I see the bee!

    See you when I get back to blogging!
    Take good care dear!

    Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay..we are Russian Sage kindreds...I adore this powerful plant..and love the flowers...it has a powerful scent and perfect for creating with!! Wow...Lovely photos...thanks for sharing this beautiful tribute to one of my faves too! yay...gorgeous!! Shine on!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow theses shots are beautiful,, the flowers are so delicate, thanks for Etsy news, I haven't started an Etsy,, still thinking about it,

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow..how pretty is that sage!!! what a clever method to dry it..quite a fence embellishment ,really looks pretty poked in there!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty flowers! Potpourri? What fun :D

    Thanks for the scoop on Etsy, Stacy xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the Etsy info. Beautiful sage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little bee:-) Your Russian sage is gorgeous!

    I have been hearing a lot lately about the new Etsy search terms...It might be a good idea to mix title words up a bit if you have a number of similar items. For example if you do have a number of ACEOs, you could start the title of some with "ACEO" then others with "crow" and others with "baby crow". This way you would have a good variety of words at the start of different titles and once they are at your shop, the customer would be able to see all the awesome stuff listed there. That way you wouldn't be limiting your listings to one particular search term :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sage is major cool Stacy & much more interesting than redoing my Esty search lists LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Margie, have a great time away! Isn't Russian sage the best ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Victoria Russian Sage is powerful, I love it! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you enjoyed the photos Laurie ;o) Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Ann, I love drying them in the fence! It does look pretty ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Lee, you are very welcome my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are welcome Donna ;o) Glad you liked the sage ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for the Etsy information. Stacy, I LOVE your pictures and I love Russian sage. Aren't those tiny flowers just gorgeous??? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jo-Ann, thanks so much, I never thought of putting different words in the front!! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - I didn't even get a chance to read that notice! Thanks for the info. I changed a few of my newer listings. We'll see what happens with that. The Russian Sage is just gorgeous. I really love sage - its scent is intoxicating. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Theresa, it's surprising how many people didn't know! I love the smell of sage ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the info on etsy!!! I can always count on you for the best pointers and direction! :D

    and oooooooooooooooooh I've been really interested in making potpourri and oils out of my lavender and chamomile... I might have to special request that you send me some of your sage! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. No problems Misty ;o) And, I am happy to help you on Etsy ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!