Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello, Hope you like the post ;o)

Hey Everyone ;o) Well, I thought I would write today about a few things. First, I have some aceo's done, but you will have to wait to see them. I don't have a scanner, so I take my pictures outside. Today, it's dark and snowing. Sorry, no pictures today! Hopefully tomorrow!

Now, I do have some other pictures to show! My mom always says, she is not a gardener! I know she doesn't like to garden outside,(that's what I do), but her inside plants, WOW!! I know if I was taking caring of them, they would die! LOL! In the picture you will see 3 large plants. The farthest one to the left is a Jade tree, the middle one is a Christmas cactus and the last one, we don't know! LOL! But, it blooms beautiful red flowers. I will take some pictures, when it happens. All these plants are 25-30 years old. Mom takes a big steak knife to them every year and chops them in half. If no one wants them, they get thrown out. You have to do this, or the roots will get so tangled in the pot, that they actually strangle themselves. No oxygen gets in and the plant dies. As you can see, mom's Christmas cactus is blooming, isn't she pretty! Just to let you all know, the one we don't know the name for, it came from our dentist! My mom took one small leaf and put it in the earth. My dentist said, it wouldn't grow! My mom fooled him!







And, I went to my "head doctor" today!! Good news, Cancer Free! Yeh!!!!

28 comments:

  1. They are beautiful plants Stacy, and wow the last shot is gorgeous.
    So thankful for good news, congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Pam and I will tell mom you like her plants ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother's plants are so lush and beautiful, Stacy! She has a green thumb for sure.

    So happy to hear the good news! It must be such a load off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gina! I have to tell mom, her plants are a hit! Yes, it is a load off my shoulders ;o) YEH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stacy I'm so happy to hear the good news! What a relief! Your mom's plants are gorgeous! Great pictures of them. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the wonderful news! I am so happy for you!

    The plants are spectacular! I've never seen a Christmas cactus that large! I love them, but have given up as I just kill them, LOL! I bet they get really good light, too!

    Can't wait to see your new aceos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Debbie ;o) Yes, the plants get alot of light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy that is someChristmas cactus. I have one I got for Xmas last year and it bloomed around Xmas bot stopped now :-( your mother has Avery green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best news my friend, I am so happy, you must be relived, now take care & invest in one of those huge brimmed hats & gallons of 30 plus sunscreen!!
    You're mom is a sensation, I'd put my hand up for cuttings if I was close by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I am happy Shelle! Thanks;o) I will be getting a large hat! LOL! I wish you did live close by, mom would be sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a relief, such good news for you. Your mother definitely has a green thumb, that Christmas cactus is fabulous. I have never seen one growing that way, tell your mom it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Marlene and I will tell my mom for you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are so beautiful Stacy! And congrats on the good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! Good news! I love good news :)

    Christmas cactus is just gorgeous! I love the cascading bloom. Jade looks great, too. I think indoor gardening is under rated - it's great to have living things of beauty inside to enjoy year round.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Lee, I like good news too! And, I agree about indoor gardening being under rated! I seriously don't know if I could take care of my mom's plants as well as she does! I find it so much easier outside! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Compliment your Mom for me! I have so-so luck with houseplants. I think Moms just have the magic touch :-) Someone gave me a piece of aloe vera and I couldn't get it to thrive. I re-potted it, put it in different places, etc. No luck! So I have it to Mom and it's growing like c-r-a-z-y! You wouldn't know it was the same plant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So true Christine! I will tell my mom for you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I need to take a lesson from your mom. I have a container garden, but my plants do not last 25 yrs...that's amazing. Wonderful news from your doctor, yay!!! =)
    luvkat

    ReplyDelete
  19. MaMa Crow gets an A+ for her beautiful plants!

    I am soooooo happy about your good news...we all love you and your baby crows...so you can't be sick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Kathryn ;o) And, I will tell my mom what you said ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will tell MaMa Crow what you said and thanks so much! Love ya too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am playing catch up on everyones blogs today, so excuse the lack of order to my comments ;o)

    I only have plants of the fake variety, I am useless at plant care!!

    I am amused how you just kinda dropped the cancer comment in there like it was secondary to the plants, you crazy lady!!
    I am so very pleased you are Cancer free my friend.

    Much hugging and stuff
    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're so cute Micki!! Hugs and lots of love ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! glad to hear the good news! I am with Micki and her comment on how you dropped the news, I was admiring the pictures of your Mothers plants and notice your comment to the side and did a double take, such great news!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!