Pages

*My Crows* *My Art* *My Way*

Friday, December 10, 2010

Original Inukshuk Baby Crow Aceo



Enjoy;o) Hope everyone is having a great day!

Inukshuk, the singular of inuksuit, means "in the likeness of a human" in the Inuit language. They are monuments made of unworked stones that are used by the Inuit for communication and survival. The traditional meaning of the inukshuk is "Someone was here" or "You are on the right path."

The Inuit make inuksuit in different forms for a variety of purposes: as navigation or directional aids, to mark a place of respect or memorial for a beloved person, or to indicate migration routes or places where fish can be found. Although most inuksuit appear singly, sometimes they are arranged in sequences spanning great distances or are grouped to mark a specific place.

10 comments:

  1. wow, I never heard of that! It is awesome and your card very pretty. I like the way you made the stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and educational, too! Rock On!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock On!! LOL!! Thanks Lee ;o) Smarty pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! What an interesting story, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so cool. I love your aceo! Thank you for the info too. I love these things just never knew much about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs Pam ;o) Thanks so much and I'm glad I taught you something ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW LIL CROW your Inukshuk rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'm very grateful! Your words are very special to me! Big Hugs!